Ingredients for making millet porridge in a slow cooker
- Wheat groats 1 multi-cup
- Milk 3 multi-glasses
- Purified water 2 multi-glasses
- Salt (rock) 0.5 teaspoon
- Sugar (sand) 2 tablespoons
- Butter to taste
- Main ingredients: Milk, Butter, Millet and Wheat, Sugar
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Slow cooker, multi-glass, teaspoon, tablespoon, silicone kitchen spatula, plate.
Cooking millet porridge in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the grits.
What could be easier than cooking with modern kitchen appliances? Yes, practically nothing! Today we will cook millet porridge in a slow cooker, but first we pour out raw groats on a countertop or a kitchen towel and sort out, while removing any kind of litter. Then transfer the whole grains into a deep bowl and carefully rinse them under thin streams of cold running water, till she won't become transparent.
After that, we discard the millet in a colander and leave it in the sink on 7-12 minutesto glass excess fluid.
Step 2: prepare millet porridge in a slow cooker.
After the right time, we install a special Teflon bowl in the multicooker. Pour there almost dried cereal, add sugar, salt to it and pour everything with milk, as well as purified water. We mix everything to a homogeneous consistency with a silicone kitchen spatula, it is better not to use metal equipment for this purpose, it can damage the Teflon coating!
Now insert the plug of the multicooker into the outlet and, after the panel lights up, close the lid, and then install Porridge or Milk Porridge mode. Across 1 hour A timer signal will sound to indicate that the appliance has been turned off. We’re not in a hurry to open it! We are waiting for the whole steam to come out. Then we lift the lid, season the finished dish to taste with butter and let it melt. Next, mix the wheat with fat until smooth and maintain the aromatic food in the mode "Heating" for another 25-30 minutes. As soon as the multicooker switches off again, you can serve the porridge to the table.
Step 3: serve the millet porridge in a slow cooker.
Millet porridge in a slow cooker is served hot as the second main sweet dish. It can be served for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner with soaked and finely chopped dried fruits, dried or fresh berries, ground nuts, seeds, condensed milk or whatever you like. Enjoy a delicious meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- the amount of sugar and salt can vary to taste;
- sometimes millet is cooked only in water, broth or vegetable broth with spices and salt. In this case, an excellent side dish is obtained for dishes of meat, poultry or fish;
- very often the porridge is cooked in the “Soup” mode (SOUP), it cooks for an hour, but after that the temperature is maintained, the dish can be emptied in the multicooker for another 10-15 minutes, then press stop and turn off the appliance altogether;
- some hostesses prepare millet right away with one part of butter and after turning off the multicooker add some more fat;
- This recipe is suitable for any multicooker model, for example, Panasonic, Polaris, Redmond, Philips, or another.