Ingredients for making thin kefir pancakes
- Wheat flour 150 grams
- Sugar 80 grams
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Purified water 75 milliliters
- Kefir 120 milliliters
- Butter 50 grams
- Main ingredients: Eggs, Kefir, Butter, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, teaspoon, measuring cup - 2 pieces, a stove, a stewpan, a tablespoon, a deep bowl - 2 pieces, a whisk, a frying pan, a kitchen spatula, a cutting board, a large flat dish, a serving plate.
Cooking thin pancakes with kefir:
Step 1: prepare the butter.
My mom prepares such pancakes, they always turn out delicious and thin, but in order to make them just like that, you need to properly prepare all the products. First, print out the butter, cut off the right amount from it, send it to a small saucepan and put on medium heat. Melt the fat to a homogeneous consistency, constantly stirring with a tablespoon so as not to burn. After that we move the stewpan to the open window and cool its contents to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the wheat flour.
Meanwhile, through the sieve with a fine mesh, we sift into the deep dry bowl the right amount of wheat flour. This step is not avoided, as it helps to get rid of any garbage that very often gets into this ingredient during packaging at the factory. Also, the flour is well dried, which is very beneficial for any baking!
Step 3: prepare the dough.
Then pour salt, granulated sugar, baking soda into the sifted flour and loosen them with a whisk. After that, we pour kefir, purified water there and mix everything to a homogeneous consistency without lumps.
Then we put raw chicken eggs in the resulting dough and beat the products at high speed until splendid. Cover the bowl with a lid and push the resulting semi-finished product to the side on 5-10 minutesto insist. Then add the melted butter there, mix everything again until smooth and immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 4: fry thin pancakes on kefir.
We put a dry frying pan on medium heat and give it the opportunity to become very hot. After about 2-3 minutes, we collect a small ladle of dough and pour it on the bottom of the heated dishes, holding it at an angle of 30 degrees. Then we turn the pan so that the semi-finished flour spreads in a thin even layer in the form of a circle, and again we put it on the included stove.
Fry the pancake for 2-3 seconds from one side or until its edge becomes brown. During this process, you can watch the dough bubble up, this is because it was cooked on kefir with the addition of baking soda.
When one of the sides is fried, using a kitchen spatula, turn the product over to the other and fry it also 2-3 seconds.
Then we transfer the pancake to a cutting board or a large flat dish and cook the rest in the same way until the whole flour is finished.
Step 5: serve thin pancakes with kefir.
Thin kefir pancakes are served warm. Their serving depends only on your desire, these fragrant, almost transparent round beads can be stuffed with spicy stuffing, for example, stewed meat, vegetables, mushrooms, salted cottage cheese and herbs, or you can use sugar filling: condensed milk, jam, honey, chopped and grated fruits or sugar berries, as well as various creams. Despite the choice, sour cream or homemade cream and, of course, fresh tea will be a great addition to sweet or spicy pancakes. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- ideal dishes for frying pancakes - cast iron or non-stick Teflon pan with a thick bottom;
- depending on the choice of filling, you can put different additives in the dough, if the filler is sweet, then syrups with different flavors, fruit or berry, as well as vanillin, if spicy, in this case you can put some dried herbs or spices;
- an alternative to butter is vegetable, and baking soda is a baking powder for dough;
- the dough will be prepared much faster if you simply mix all its components using a conventional stationary blender with a deep bowl;
- do pancakes break during frying? Of course, this rarely happens with such a test, but if it suddenly happened, we don’t panic! Just add another raw chicken egg to it and beat again;
- does the dough stick to the pan? Using a linen kitchen towel soaked in vegetable oil, grease its bottom and try to cook another pancake. Bothering again? Then in the butter fat test, it’s worth adding a little.