Ingredients for cooking shrimp with broccoli and potatoes.
- Fresh tiger shrimps peeled 400 grams
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes
- Fresh broccoli 200 grams
- Cream 20% fat 1/2 cup
- Spice curry (powder) 2 tablespoons
- Butter for frying
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Broccoli, Potato
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Frying pan - 2 pieces, Cooker, Cutting board, Wooden spatula, Knife, Kitchen paper towels, Plate, Middle bowl, Colander, Serving dish
Cooking shrimp with broccoli and potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the broccoli.
We rinse broccoli under running water and after - we transfer it to a cutting board. Using a knife, divide the cabbage into inflorescences and transfer to a free bowl. Fill the container with hot water so that it slightly covers the vegetable, and leave for 2-3 minutes. After that, we drain the water from the broccoli into the sink through a colander and leave aside for now.
Step 2: prepare the shrimp.
Our shrimp are already peeled, so it remains only to fry them. Attention: just in case, they can be washed under running water and then wiped dry with kitchen towels. So, put a small piece of butter in the pan and put the container on medium heat. When the butter is completely melted, put the shrimp in a pan and fry them from all sides to a golden crust, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula. After that, turn off the burner, but do not set the component aside. So it will cool slower and we will have time to prepare other ingredients.
Step 3: prepare the potatoes.
Using a knife, peel the potatoes and rinse thoroughly under running water. After that, put the vegetable on a cutting board and cut into medium-sized cubes. Attention: wipe each potato slice on all sides with kitchen paper towels and put it on a free dry plate.
Put the butter in the pan “by eye” so that after kindling it is enough for frying potatoes. We put the container on medium heat. When the creamy component becomes liquid, put the potato cubes into the pan and, occasionally stirring with a wooden spatula, fry them from all sides to a golden crust. The approximate potato cooking time will be from 5 to 8 minutes in a well-heated pan. After that, do not turn off the burner, but immediately proceed to the cooking process of the dish itself.
Step 4: Cook the shrimp with broccoli and potatoes.
We spread broccoli inflorescences in a pan with fried potatoes, sprinkle all the curries, salt and pepper to taste. After that, pour the cream into the container and, using a wooden spatula, mix everything well. Attention: we make the fire less than average so that our dish is quietly stewed for 7-9 minutes. At the end, add the fried shrimp, again mix everything with the stock and turn off the burner. Everything, the dish is ready!
Step 5: serve shrimp with broccoli and potatoes.
While the shrimp with broccoli and potatoes are still hot, we transfer them to a serving dish and hurry to treat friends at the dinner table. Attention: if desired, vegetables with seafood can be decorated with chopped green onions or finely chopped parsley. Such gourmet food can be served with wine. The dish turns out very interesting in taste, quite fragrant and satisfying.
- To fry the ingredients, it is best to use a mixture of vegetable and butter, as the last component most often burns up if kept in a hot pan for a long time.
- Instead of shrimp, squid can be added to the dish. To do this, we clear the seafood from the film, rinse thoroughly under running water, and then scald it with boiling water. At the end, cut the squid into rings or strips and quickly fry in oil. And so that they do not become rubber, the dish must be immediately removed from the heat and serve.
- For cooking, it is necessary to use potatoes of certain varieties. That is, that the vegetable is well-digested during the cooking process and kept in shape during the frying process.
- If you use frozen shrimp and broccoli, then be sure to thaw them in advance to a mild state, and only then prepare for the dish.