Ingredients for making Chinese cabbage salad with sausage
- Chinese cabbage 1 head of cabbage (medium)
- Fresh cucumbers 2 pieces
- Sausage (boiled, smoked or sausages) 250 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste (optional)
- Main ingredients: Sausage and sausages, Cabbage, Onions, Cucumber
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep plate, tablespoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, colander.
Preparation of salad from Beijing cabbage with sausage:
Step 1: prepare the cabbage.
Peking cabbage disassemble into leaves, cutting off the bottom. Then rinse, thoroughly cleaning from sand grains and adhering dirt. Also, do not forget to remove the dry, wrinkled and darkened leaves, they are not suitable for salad. After washing, shake the cabbage to get rid of the remaining drops of water. Cut the ingredient into thin long strips. To do this, lay the leaves on a cutting board and cut them across, tightly pressing with your hand.
Step 2: prepare the cucumbers.
Rinse cucumbers under running water. Then cut off the ends, and also be sure to check if the vegetables are bitter, you may need to cut the skin from them. Crush the washed cucumbers with straws or small thin slices.
Step 3: prepare the sausage.
Be sure to peel the sausage. Then cut it into thin circles. Fold the resulting slices into each other and cut across the stripes. Of course, this type of cutting is optional, you can simply crumble the ingredient into cubes, but it is the straw that looks most appetizing.
Step 4: prepare the onion.
Peel the onion from the husk, it is most convenient to first divide it into two halves. Chop the peeled vegetable with thin half rings using a kitchen knife slightly dipped in cold water.
Step 5: mix the Beijing cabbage salad with sausage.
Place all the ingredients, that is, cucumbers, cabbage, sausage and onions, in a random order in a deep, suitable-sized plate. Add black and red ground pepper to the salad, and be sure to add salt to taste. Shuffle. Season the dish with mayonnaise, mix again. That's it, the salad is ready. He does not need to give insistence, so you can immediately proceed to serving it.
Step 6: serve the Chinese cabbage salad with sausage.
Peking cabbage salad with sausage serve in a large salad bowl or spread it in portions. You can also decorate a dish with bunches of fresh herbs or form a rose from a thin slice of sausage and plant it on top. In this case, the dish will certainly look even tastier, and no one will remain indifferent to it.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of sausage, you can also use boiled or smoked meat, in which case the salad can be served not only on the ordinary, but also on the holiday table.
- Some recipes also offer to cook this salad with the addition of canned green peas.
- Of course, it is best to use not purchased, but homemade mayonnaise.
- If you have such an opportunity, then add freshly chopped fresh herbs to the salad as well.