Ingredients for Cooking Lean Potato Cutlets
- Potato 700 grams
- Fresh champignons 200 grams
- Dried ground nettle 1-2 tablespoons
- Ground mint, dried 1-2 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 2-3 tablespoons with a slide + for dipping cutlets
- Bay leaf 1-2 pieces
- Onion 150 grams
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Mushrooms
- Serving 7 servings
Medium saucepan with a lid, skimmer, cooker, cutting board, kitchen knife, vegetable slicer, masher of potatoes, a frying pan - 2 pieces, a wooden spatula, a plate - 2 pieces, a tablespoon, a deep bowl, a serving dish, kitchen potholders
Cooking lean potato patties:
Step 1: prepare the potatoes.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the potatoes and rinse thoroughly under running warm water to remove residual soil and other dirt. Then we spread the tubers on a cutting board and use a knife to cut into small pieces.
The crushed components are transferred to a medium pan and completely filled with ordinary cold water so that it covers the potatoes somewhere 3-4 fingers. We put the container on a large fire and do not completely cover it with a lid. When the liquid begins to boil, foam will appear on its surface. Be sure to remove it with a slotted spoon and throw it into the sink. After that, add a bay leaf to the container, salt to taste, fasten the burner, cover the pan again and boil the vegetables for 30-35 minutes. During this time, the potato will fall apart and become malleable.
After the allotted time, turn off the burner, and take the pan with a slightly open lid using kitchen tacks and pour hot water into the sink. We should have one potato without the liquid in which it was cooked. Also do not forget to get a bay leaf from the pan.
Now, using the pusher, we bring the vegetables to a state of mashed potatoes, and then set aside. Let the crushed potatoes cool to a warm state.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Then put the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onion into a free plate.
In parallel with this, pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, pour the chopped onion here. From time to time, stirring with a wooden spatula, fry the component until a soft golden color. At the end, turn off the burner, and set the capacity aside. Let the onions cool.
Step 3: prepare the champignons.
Mushrooms are well washed under running warm water and then spread on a cutting board. Using a knife, if necessary, we clean the mushrooms from rough spots on the hats and legs, and then grind them into pieces. Important: since champignons tend to absorb fat, we won’t fry them, but simply add them to cutlets in fresh form. In the process of cooking, they will slowly reach and become almost boiled. Pour the crushed components into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare lean potato patties.
In a pan with mashed potatoes, pour fried onions, chopped champignons, as well as ground dried nettles and mint. Now, using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. To keep the cutlets in shape, you must add flour to them. After again, mix everything well with improvised inventory until smooth.
Next, pour a small amount of vegetable oil into a clean other pan and put on medium heat. When the fat warms up well, we begin to cook the patties. Pour some more flour into a deep bowl. Now we take one tablespoon of potato mass and roll it on all sides in a loose mixture. With clean, dry hands, we give the patties a rounded shape and immediately gently spread them in a pan with hot oil.
Fry the dish on both sides until a golden crust appears on the surface, and then use a wooden spatula to move it into a large plate. When all the cutlets are ready, turn off the burner and start serving the dining table.
Step 5: serve the lean potato patties.
We also serve warm lean potato patties to the dining table, optionally decorating the dish with greens. Rice or buckwheat porridge, fresh salad, and also baked vegetables are perfect for him. Tasty, simple and healthy!
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add others to your taste in the potato mass. For example, it can be "hops-suneli", a mixture of ground peppers, ground coriander, a mixture of Italian herbs and much more. Nettle and peppermint can generally be removed if you do not like the seasoning data;
- Instead of champignons, oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, honey mushrooms and others to your taste can be added to cutlets. It can even be dried mushrooms, which in advance will need to be placed in a small bowl, pour with ordinary water and let stand for 2 hours. After moving the contents of the container into the pan and cook over low heat after boiling about 1-1.5 hours;
- optionally finely chopped fresh parsley and dill greens can be added to the potato mixture. So the cutlets are also very tasty and fragrant.